Village Health Fairs
Health for Honduras hosts a Health Fair at each village visited. We typically visit 4-5 villages during the duration of each mission trip.
At each Health Fair, the Health for Honduras team is divided into different work teams, based on individual preference and skill set. All work and treatments are done with guideance from Dr. Davila. Some of the past work teams have included:
- General Medical – measure height and weight, screen for high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Women’s Health – conduct Pap Smears, breast exams and treatment.
- Dental Health – perform extractions, root canals, teeth cleaning, fillings and sealing.
- Children’s Education/Recreation – teach hygiene and dental care; orchestrate crafts and games.
- Photography/Blog – take photos, write blog posts, take digital family portraits of participants.