When : April 14 – April 21, 2018
Volunteers are welcome to apply for the trip, and join the work team that best fits their skills. Whether you speak Spanish or not, can load and load supplies, have a medical background, love to take photos, write blog posts or enjoy playing with kids, there is a place for you on the team! You do not need to have a medical background to work with one of the health teams. We will need people to form the following teams:
- General medical
- Women’s health
- Dental health
- Children’s recreation
- Trip photographer, blogger
About the team: Our team is usually made up of about half members of First Presbyterian Church of Burlingame and half from surrounding communities. The trip and team are coordinated and organized by the Burlingame Volunteers. On-the-ground work in Honduras is headed by Dr. Davila and the rest of the New Hope Clinic staff. To read some profiles of past participants, click here.
To browse an intended itinerary, click here.
To read more about the Village Health Fairs we conduct, click here.
- All participants must have a valid passport through October 2018 (6 months after the trip).
- All participants must pay the trip cost: Approximately $600-800. Participants need to purchase their own airfare with their personal milage, if desired.
- All participants are asked to attend monthly group meetings in preparation for the trip.
- All participants will need to travel with only carry baggage for personal belongings.
- All checked baggage will be used to transport medical and dental supplies. There will be a “Packing Day” before departure so that all the supplies can be gathered and divided among the group.
- We ask that all participants have a willingness to be flexible with in-country plans and itinerary. Learn more about Honduras here.